Viridia
Imaginary Squirrel

Badges

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:00 am

Soylent Daveage
Sextant's Gambit

Badges

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:39 am

Having your head on fire is not really advantageous if you're at the McDonalds drive-thru. At least Cap can eat his Happy Meal of his shield, like a big plate...
Until next time, this Has-Been's

Soylent Daveage

The food group of the FUTURE!

Proudly mis-managing the Melbourne Mudkips.
Gooooo MUDKIPS!
KilljoyBob
Atlantean Werewolf on Mars

Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:10 pm

Having your head on fire doesn't seem like it would advantageous anywhere.

I actually like how Cap's costume has evolved away the goofy little wings on the side of his head and buccaneer boots, but still keeps the iconic imagery. Plus, he's the only hero with his ears sticking out, so his hearing isn't blocked. Tactical advantage!
:devil: MY JUSTICE TASTES LIKE APPLES!
Soylent Daveage
Sextant's Gambit

Badges

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:46 am

KilljoyBob wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:10 pm
Having your head on fire doesn't seem like it would advantageous anywhere.
...Burning Man?
Until next time, this Has-Been's

Soylent Daveage

The food group of the FUTURE!

Proudly mis-managing the Melbourne Mudkips.
Gooooo MUDKIPS!
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:12 am

I nominated both of these, and consecutively in my rankings. It's a tough call. Since Firestorm seems to be losing, I'll give him the nod so it's not a shutout. Part of what I like about it is that it uses the traditional nuclear atom symbol in a non-traditional way. It's not situated in the center of a circle centered on his chest like so many other symbol-costumes. It's off-centered, and wraps around the whole costume. It gives the suggestion that he isn't just a guy using the power, he's a guy who is defined by it; it's internalized, rather than just a tool. The other thing I like about his costume is that it's a collection of disparate elements -- flaming head, pirate boots, puffy sleeves, flared shoulders, New Gods-style facemask -- that individually shouldn't work, but somehow all work together. And it's also a bunch of elements that are all common to other characters individually, but aren't put together in this way pretty much anywhere else; you see some characters, and it's easy to mistake them for others in a crowd scene. You're never going to get Firestorm mixed up with anybody else.
Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Often my breakfast itself encompasses four of them.