Atlantean Werewolf on Mars

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:01 am

JL8 gets my vote.
:devil: MY JUSTICE TASTES LIKE APPLES!
Soylent Daveage
Sextant's Gambit

Badges

Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:05 am

Funny how this side of the battle has two of the least regular update schedules, whereas the other side is a 5 Days a Week comic and a 7 Days a Week comic.

I think I'm going to have to give this to OoTS, just because I get more laughs out of it than I do JL8.
Until next time, this Has-Been's

Soylent Daveage

The food group of the FUTURE!

Proudly mis-managing the Melbourne Mudkips.
Gooooo MUDKIPS!
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:51 am

What impresses me about Order of the Stick is that it started, as so many webcomics do, as a simple gag strip and then evolved into this sprawling narrative... and is still really funny. Sure, there are some deliberately non-funny strips in there, and they hit the dramatic notes and the awesome notes. But even so, most of the strips that move the narrative forward still have several laugh-worthy gags. I've seen a lot of webcomics that evolved into an ongoing narrative that go a long time without the humor for the sake of the narrative; seems like OOTS manages to never go more than maybe two strips without some significant humor, and even those gaps are rare. All while managing a storyline that's pretty awesome.
Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Often my breakfast itself encompasses four of them.