Behind the Scenes

The House That Creativity Built

Moderator: Emperor

Ryokuro
Emperor

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:30 pm

So!

Inviting everyone back to the Halls was just the first part of my plan to [Megatron Voice]DOMINATE THE UNIVERSE![/Megatron] Or you know, a tiny fraction of the internet.

The forums will remain much as they've always been: a ridiculous refuge from the sociopolitical wreckage that dominates most of the rest of our lives. Based on our Facebook postings, I think most of us know that it is incredibly important to remain engaged and up-to-date in that realm (as painful as it often is), but House Ryokuro/The Halls won't be the place to do it. Which I think can be a huge selling point for the community.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be building out a website around the forums showcasing not only the wacky adventures of the Hallsians, but also other projects like blogs, art, and meager merchandise offerings. If you've got something you'd like to contribute/plug, please let me know!

Once that's all done and you've all put the forums through an extensive, rocky, stomach-turning shakedown cruise, I'll be opening the doors to the wider world and even doing a small bit of advertising here and there to bring people in through House Ryokuro and hopefully get them hooked on the forums in the process.

To that end, if you're experiencing any forum errors or discomfort/swelling, or just something you'd like to see improved, please let me know.

And if you have any other questions and concerns going forward, ask away. In the meantime, a little post about Darkhawk Manor...
Beware, beware the Daughter of the Sea...
Ryokuro
Emperor

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Darkhawk Manor will launch...soonish, and will be the Hallsian take on Lovecraftian role-playing games. Only the mysterious Keeper can post new threads in the forum, and that's because each thread will represent a separate room or area of the Manor.

There will be one area at first, and The Keeper will only open new areas once its secret conditions have been met. It is very likely you will die or be driven insane(r) by participating.

We'll likely do a test run at first, then wipe everything and start over after the "official launch," so feel free to go nuts in the meantime.
KilljoyBob
Atlantean Werewolf on Mars

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Once Ridge poops in every corner, you'll definitely have to wipe everything clean. With fire.
:devil: MY JUSTICE TASTES LIKE APPLES!
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Often my breakfast itself encompasses four of them.
Revil Fox
Leaf Shield

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:21 am

Why do we always have to nuke things from Orbit? I wanna nuke something from Trident...
Revil Fox
Leaf Shield

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:30 am

Wait...what a second...where do we talk about comic books!? You monsters, you did it! You actually did it!
Soylent Daveage
Sextant's Gambit

Badges

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:02 am

They make books of comics now?

I've never heard of such a thing...
Until next time, this Has-Been's

Soylent Daveage

The food group of the FUTURE!

Proudly mis-managing the Melbourne Mudkips.
Gooooo MUDKIPS!
Ryokuro
Emperor

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:06 am

Oh yeah, I thought I was forgetting something!
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:34 am

You know, I noticed Rock Gladstone had been registered, and for one brief moment I thought he might be the "mysterious Keeper" of Darkhawk Manor (until I saw the full memberlist and saw there was an actual Manor Keeper account). I'm sure the reality will be much more mysterious and suspenseful... but it will be nowhere near as hilarious.
Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Often my breakfast itself encompasses four of them.
Revil Fox
Leaf Shield

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:43 am

He's the real Creeping Horror.
Ryokuro
Emperor

Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 am

Your mom's a real creeping horror.

TwinkyMaster
Imaginary Squirrel

Badges

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:23 am

Ahem. I have an actual technical question - I've had a hard time seeing the dialogue boxes on both my phone and my computer. I wonder if there's a way to make the text boxes stand out a bit more. Maybe bring up the contrast against the white background. Personally, I miss the black background of Old Halls. But that's just a personal preference.
Trebor
Never Saw Star Wars

Badges

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:26 am

I haven't had that problem, but I cannot see the line delineating signature from post at all. I read CO's sig three times before realizing it.
hey
TwinkyMaster
Imaginary Squirrel

Badges

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 am

Lol, I did the exact same with CO's sig.
Ryokuro
Emperor

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:13 am

Good suggestion. I'll see what I can do!

And yeah, I'd prefer darker too, but the white is better camouflage at work ;)