Behind the Scenes

The House That Creativity Built

Moderator: Emperor

Ryokuro
Emperor

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:50 am

After much pain, I have put our "original" font back into action. Please let me know if there are any issues with this.
Beware, beware the Daughter of the Sea...
Ryokuro
Emperor

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:41 pm

House Ryokuro now has a dedicated Instagram account! @houseryokuro is the new home of whatever dumb pictures I wanna throw on there! YAY
KilljoyBob
Atlantean Werewolf on Mars

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:32 pm

We're truly living in a golden age!

...if only I had an Instagram account.
:devil: MY JUSTICE TASTES LIKE APPLES!
Trebor
Never Saw Star Wars

Badges

Thu May 24, 2018 9:01 am

Is there an easy way to mark sections of the forums as read? Being away for an extended period means everything is "unread" and I don't want to go through each individually to fix my OCD.
hey
Ryokuro
Emperor

Thu May 24, 2018 3:18 pm

On the "main" forums page (the one with all the pretty pictures) down toward the bottom should be a "Mark Forums Read" link, right underneath the current date and time.
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Thu May 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Also each individual subforum has a "Mark Topics Read" link up at the top near the page links. (Row above announcements/topics: New Topic, Search, wide blank space, Mark Topics Read, page links.)
Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Often my breakfast itself encompasses four of them.
Trebor
Never Saw Star Wars

Badges

Fri May 25, 2018 7:28 am

Thanks, I'm just blind sometimes.
hey
Ryokuro
Emperor

Tue May 29, 2018 7:58 pm

Eh, text links on a text forum tend to get lost in the shuffle of buttons and badges and whatever else. Our setup here is far from perfect.

I toyed with launching House Ryokuro in a completely new format that is more modern and streamlined, but it IS a pretty big departure from what we're used to. I'm still thinking we may go that way at some point, but the new platform I'm looking at is still in Beta.

phpBB's (what we use now) big draw is that it is free and open source, but most developers have turned away from forum software, so there just isn't the kind of support for it like there was in the Creation Matrix/Halls heyday. That's why I still can't find a dice roller that works, and why my WordPress still struggles (or completely fails) to integrate with the forums.

Anyway, that's all way off the current subject, but this is Behind the Scenes!
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Wed May 30, 2018 4:26 am

so there just isn't the kind of support for it like there was in the Creation Matrix/Halls heyday
I'm sorry, I can't help but notice that those are some amazingly rose-tinted glasses if you're describing Invision PowerBoard as functional. :D
Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Often my breakfast itself encompasses four of them.
Ryokuro
Emperor

Wed May 30, 2018 4:48 am

Oh! Believe me, I remember crawling around in the duct-work of that piece of shit, banging my head on all manner of stupidity. phpBB is way more stable. But the current versions just don't have very many mods/extensions out there.
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Wed May 30, 2018 4:54 am

So, is phpBB a WordPress extension itself, or is it just something sitting to the side?
Ryokuro
Emperor

Wed May 30, 2018 4:59 am

The two weren't designed to work together at all. I found someone who built a bridge between the two things, but since he's only one guy he's very slow on updates and is pretty cantankerous to boot. Makes for a pretty unreliable connection.
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Thu May 31, 2018 4:54 am

Gotcha. As I have far too much cause to know, getting WordPress to integrate with any system it's not designed to can be a real pain.
KilljoyBob
Atlantean Werewolf on Mars

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:49 am

Today I went through the Reviews You Can Use thread and fixed the pictures in most of my posts.
:devil: MY JUSTICE TASTES LIKE APPLES!
Soylent Daveage
Sextant's Gambit

Badges

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Can I just voice my appreciation of KJB' current flavour text "Like Orwell's 1984 but peppy". That is a beautiful description of anything...
Until next time, this Has-Been's

Soylent Daveage

The food group of the FUTURE!

Proudly mis-managing the Melbourne Mudkips.
Gooooo MUDKIPS!