Behind the Scenes

The House That Creativity Built

Moderator: Emperor

Soylent Daveage
Sextant's Gambit

Badges

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:29 pm

I can only see the images on the newest review and Grotesque is a very apt name. Everything posted before the update is just showing the broken picture icon...
Until next time, this Has-Been's

Soylent Daveage

The food group of the FUTURE!

Proudly mis-managing the Melbourne Mudkips.
Gooooo MUDKIPS!
Revil Fox
Leaf Shield

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm

I'm also on Chrome, and I also can't click the pictures.
Ryokuro
Emperor

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:31 pm

I just downloaded Chrome, and it still works fine for me. Perhaps you guys have an older version? If the problem persists, I'll ask the template designer if there's a fix for it.

Oh, and the Badges are a new thing, added post-update. They're not as pretty as our "Legacy" badges, but hopefully there will be a way to add those in at a later date.
Beware, beware the Daughter of the Sea...
Soylent Daveage
Sextant's Gambit

Badges

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 am

My Chrome says its up to date (but it would say that just to throw us off the scent). If it helps I'm on...

Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Soylent Daveage

Gooooo MUDKIPS!
Ryokuro
Emperor

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:00 am

That is the current version, and the one I'm using. Bizarre.

Okay, so the images are not clickable, and the text is tiny and in the top left-hand side? (That should be regular-sized and bottom left, also). I truly am baffled as to what could be causing that, especially since I can't seem to replicate it in Chrome. I'll look at it at work tomorrow (different resolution and OS) and see if I can figure it out there.
Soylent Daveage
Sextant's Gambit

Badges

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:25 pm

The text size is less of an issue than the fact that it is very pale, although the "new" notification is a suitable green and quite visible. And given we can still access the forums its not an urgent issue...

Soylent Daveage

Gooooo MUDKIPS!
KilljoyBob
Atlantean Werewolf on Mars

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Mine is the same as Dave's. Unclickable pictures. Tiny text in the upper right corner. I'm just using the internet browser on my phone.
:devil: MY JUSTICE TASTES LIKE APPLES!
Revil Fox
Leaf Shield

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Wait, It worked on Chrome with a clean install? Hm.

Welp, I got it to work. Big Soy-D, try clearing your cookies and cache. I just did an now things are clickable and the text is larger and in the bottom left.
Ryokuro
Emperor

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Yeah, just looked here at work on Chrome, Firefox, and IE on Windows 7 (home computer has Windows 10) and didn't see the problem, so hopefully clearing your cache like Revil suggested is the cure. Otherwise, we'll just have to start stabbing...whatever you want, really.
Soylent Daveage
Sextant's Gambit

Badges

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Ahuh, clearing the cache worked, although it does appear to have made the text in posts rather smaller than it was. I'm sure there's something at my end I can futz with to improve the size of that though.

Soylent Daveage

Gooooo MUDKIPS!
Ryokuro
Emperor

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Ah, good! Well, not the post thing.

I need to work on the fonts a little bit. This is one of the choices the theme gives me, but I can (and did) go into the code and make it a different one, and hopefully when I do that, things will look a bit better.
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:21 am

Out of curiosity, how do the badges work? Clearly some of them are ones that you are manually giving to people, but is there an automated function for some of them? Like when someone hits a particular post count, do they get the post-number badge automatically, or do you have to keep tabs on folks?

(I have no practical reason for asking this. I just can't resist looking at the underpinnings, as you well know.)
Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Often my breakfast itself encompasses four of them.
Ryokuro
Emperor

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:02 pm

The post-count badges are given automatically. There is, supposedly, a way to write scripts to automate other badges, but I'm not sure what those would be, given the RP nature of most of our badges, so I haven't looked into it much.

There is currently no way of adding custom images to the sets, either, but this is a pretty new extension for phpBB, so maybe that feature will be added in the future. Still hoping someone does a dice roller/random image generator that works one of these days, too.
Chaomancer Omega
We Went There

Badges

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:11 am

Oh, I see, it's using Font Awesome to make the images. That does sort of limit things, though at least it's a large limit.
Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Often my breakfast itself encompasses four of them.
KilljoyBob
Atlantean Werewolf on Mars

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:14 pm

I'm finally seeing the changes on the main forum page. It looks nice.
:devil: MY JUSTICE TASTES LIKE APPLES!