World of Warcraft

Jump, shoot, cast, throw, spin, punch, and go ultimate.

Moderator: Emperor

HollowPoint
Dreadnought Fry

Badges

Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:54 pm

I think I still have a few Horde toons on the old server where we had a large guild. My main is still Ghollam, my rogue I built in BC. He started as a Belf, then went through a few realm transfers, then a race change to Worgen. Still love the guy
Just Do It....Tomorrow
Soylent Daveage
That Goat is Weird

Badges

Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:21 am

Pretty sure Ghollam was a troll 😉
Until next time, this Has-Been's

Soylent Daveage

The food group of the FUTURE!

Proudly mis-managing the Melbourne Mudkips.
Gooooo MUDKIPS!
Ryokuro
Emperor

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:45 am

TRANSMEDIA NARRATIVE
Beware, beware the Daughter of the Sea...
Ryokuro
Emperor

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:25 am

The Battle for Azeroth begins tomorrow, except for Australians.

WAR
Soylent Daveage
That Goat is Weird

Badges

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Actually, its still tomorrow for us, for about another hour...

Soylent Daveage

Gooooo MUDKIPS!
Ryokuro
Emperor

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:33 pm

I refuse to understand how "time" works.

But I do understand that the Warfront in Arathi Highlands will not be available at launch. Blizzard didn't give a date or when it will be implemented, but it might be Sept. 4th, when the raid goes live.

I guess this gives folks a chance to level up before plunging into what I assume will be a big chunk of the repeatable endgame content. Or it's not done.
HollowPoint
Dreadnought Fry

Badges

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:51 pm

I want to buy the xpac, but I'll probably have to wait about a month
Just Do It....Tomorrow
Ryokuro
Emperor

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Don't worry, I'll spoil everything for you!

So I played several hours on my Alliance "alt" last night. I don't know how long this Sylvanas bullshit is gonna last, so maybe my Alliance alt is my main for the foreseeable future? Anyway, I certainly don't want to thank Blizzard for making me temporarily abandon my tauren shaman, but I am glad my first foray into Battle for Azeroth was Kul Tiras. This begins with a strangely affecting series of cutscenes with Jaina Proudmoore, the Daughter of the Sea. Her new character model is straight fire, by the way.

The main city is tremendously cool and chock full of character, and the surrounding hills have a strong WotLK vibe while still doing their own thing. It's been amazing to watch Blizzard's zone design continually improve and evolve. I spent most of my time in Tiragarde Sound, but I also did a quick foray into Drustvar. I will say this of Drustvar: it is creepy, but would probably have been creepier if I wasn't playing on launch day and had 10 players running around me at any given time.

I feel like the storylines while questing have been greatly improved, and I was actually interested in reading the quest text most of the time, but this is still WoW and I was asked to kill 6 bears within my first hour of gameplay. That hasn't changed. Leveling-wise I hit 111 and am halfway to 112 after five hours of gameplay, and that's taking in the sights and following along with the story. Somebody's probably already hit 120, for all I know.

In general, I think I'm really going to enjoy my time in Kul Tiras, even if I am being forced to play Alliance to do it.
Soylent Daveage
That Goat is Weird

Badges

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:52 am

At 10am this morning I had an Orc running beside me in Zandalar who was level 118. My first thought was "He hasn't slept for the last 24 hours..."

FOR THE HORDE! side of things, a troll city is pretty much a troll city. If you ever ran around Zul Gurub or the Troll city Jintha'Alor in the Hinterlands you've seen a lot of what's there, although it is on a massive scale, comparatively. Basically its Dinosaurs in Mesoamerica to look at, and betrayal and treachery for the storyline, in amongst the "Teach your pet triceratops to fight" and "Kill 6 bears" quests, which there have been more than a few of so far. The story is OK, (I've always been the guy who reads all the quest text anyway) but it feels a little bit same ol' same ol' so far. Hopefully it will pick up as it goes along...

Soylent Daveage

Gooooo MUDKIPS!
Ryokuro
Emperor

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:51 pm

Apparently someone DID hit 120 already...and they did it in FOUR HOURS. Lord.

I helped a turtle-man get over his fear of horses, and then I watched that turtle-man ride a horse. And if that's all I did last night, that's a pretty good gaming session.

I did a bunch more of what I realized were absolutely sidequests before returning to the main story. We finally made it to Freehold, a pirate city run by hostile pirates. It's looking to be sort of a miniature Suramar situation where as long as you're wearing the right pirate hat, you won't be brutally murdered by 27 guards. That will probably be the bulk of my adventures this evening.

Didn't get to play quite as much last night, but with the rested XP I still hit 112 and am well into 113. Unless leveling slows down significantly as you get higher up, I could probably hit 120 without ever setting foot in the third zone. (I'm saving it for last because it looks super pretty, like the farming zone in MoP)
Ryokuro
Emperor

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Currently at 117 and I will undoubtedly hit 120 without really getting into Stormsong Valley. I think I have 5 whole story chapters left to go in Drustvar and I've explored maybe two-thirds of that zone. That, and the little jaunts into Zandalar for the War Campaign are really pushing me forward at a good clip.

I wonder if there will ever be an expansion where there isn't a level cap increase. It doesn't seem to matter anymore aside from gating certain content, and there are a multitude of other ways to do that. But maybe the gamer brain still needs those numbers to go up even if it's almost entirely superfluous now.

Anyway, Drustvar is far from my favorite zone, but it does have its moments. I played through a section that was a Wicker Man parody with a quest titled "Not the Bees!" where I had to rescue a Nicolas Cage stand-in from giant bees. There was another quest I liked where you were told to run around a village and poke everyone with a silver needle to see if they were a witch. I always prefer borderline-absurd WoW to unthinkable genocide WoW.
Ryokuro
Emperor

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:37 am

So I looted an item last night in Stormsong Valley: [An Unforgettable Luncheon]
The icon is a lunchbox, and when you open it it gives you two items: [Steamed Hams] "These are obviously grilled." and [Aurora Borealis] "At this time of day? At this elevation? Localized entirely within this bottle? Yes."

It's stupid shit like this that has kept me playing WoW for over a decade...
HollowPoint
Dreadnought Fry

Badges

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:00 pm

I ended you getting the expansion, and thank goodness I did. Here in Tucumcari, there ain't shit to do, so I'm getting lots of WoW time. I'm halfway to 115 with the Tauren Priest I level boosted, and I haven't even made it out of one area yet
Just Do It....Tomorrow
Ogre_Minstrel
Licked the Moon

Badges

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:00 am

The controls in RDR2 are very confusing to me. I keep punching my horse by accident.

I dont think he likes me very much.
Signatures. How quaint.